And the day came when the risk it took to remain tightly closed in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to bloom. Anais Nin

Friday

As life unfolds....

....one can never be ready for those events that knock you to your knees. I've learned that this past month. After so many years as a practitioner, I really thought I knew what it was like to face the kind of sadness that is so unbearable. I felt that my empathy for others, understanding of emotional processes, and realistic view of life was enough. Now, I'm humbled by the suffering of another - and for me, the one who can tackle most anything, I'm humbled at what I can't do to make it all better.

The lesson for me is another reminder of why I've titled this blog, Life In The Moment. It is all we have. All we can claim and grab onto. This moment, this day, these people that are dear to us. I won't squander it - not for another minute.

Matinee

in the dark theater of strangers
silence prevails

only coughing survives
and the hush is deafening

unexpected, my mouth
tastes the salt of tears

No comments:

Post a Comment