And the day came when the risk it took to remain tightly closed in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to bloom. Anais Nin

Wednesday

Holiday Greetings and Second Chances

I hope you will take a few minutes in this rush of holiday preparations to reflect on the past year. What were the highs and lows? Who did you want to talk with, but couldn't find the time? What did you want to do for yourself, but never got around to it? What did you accomplish and how did it feel?

I don't subscribe to the notion of New Year's Resolutions. I guess that's because I've set up so many over the years and felt the disappointment of not following through. Somehow, this seems like an excellent way of feeling bad about myself. Now, I just don't do it!

Instead, I think about the prior year and the the actions I took and didn't take - and imagine how I could have done it differently. This is my launching point for the New Year -- and it is the best holiday gift I can give myself - that second chance, not wrapped up in guilt or failure, instead, wrapped up in "doing things differently".

Wishing you the joys of second chances. toni

No comments:

Post a Comment