And the day came when the risk it took to remain tightly closed in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to bloom. Anais Nin

Wednesday

Catching Up

I know it is time to play catch-up --- yet, finding the energy to get things done eludes me these early days of spring. I would much rather curl up under a blanket to watch a movie or read as my list of tasks grows more crowded around me. Can one smother under a list this long?

Still, the sun peeks and I move outside to be warmed. Shock! It is cold and the sun can't seem to penetrate my skin to thaw these bones. I slump back inside and find the blanket waiting, still warm from me and the dog.

Last year was ten years long. I would be content to deal with 12 simple months.

The dog curls up to fall asleep on the blanket which has formed a cocoon around my legs. I'm stuck right here for a while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment